After a four day pilgrimage in Seoul, here is what I learned about Martyrs in Korea
1. Christians endured over 100yrs of religious persecution prosecution in areas in and around Seoul.
2. First Korean priest, St.Andrew Kim Taegon came from a family of Catholics
3. Early Korean missionaries are from France
4. Koreans baptized because they would have a name. Especially applicable to lower class families
5. 103 Martyrs are beatified by St. John Paul II and Pope Francis in 1983 and 2016 respectively
6. Myondeong Cathederal is a gothic style architecture that is taller than the Imperial palace